Learn to use a variety of search tools by playing our Scavenger Hunt! Find each requested piece of information using the search tool listed below each question.
- What are the date of birth and the birthplace of Edgar Allan Poe?
Search: Webcrawler (http://webcrawler.com)
Answer: Edgar Allan Poe was born in Boston, Massachusetts, on January 19, 1809.
- In what year did Haiti gain its independence from France?
Search: MetaCrawler (http://www.metacrawler.com/index.html)
Answer: Haiti gained its independence from France on January 1, 1804.
- Name the two women who competed in the Wimbledon Championships Ladies' Singles Finals in the year 1900. Search: The Internet Public Library Reference Center (http://www.ipl.org/ref)
Answer: Mrs. G. W. Hillyard and Miss C. Cooper
- In what year was Albert Einstein awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics? Search: Excite (http://www.excite.com/)
Answer: Albert Einstein was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1922.
- How tall is basketball great Michael Jordan?
Search: NorthernLight (http://www.northernlight.com/search.html)
Answer: Michael Jordan's height is 6' 6".