instructorsstudentsreviewers & authorsBooksellersContact Us
Contact Us Home
Electronic File Request
Return to Request Permissions
On behalf of a student with a disability that prevents him or her from using standard instructional materials, you may request an electronic file of the materials from Houghton Mifflin.

The textbook that you are using may already be available in the format you require. Please consider searching the following resources before submitting your request to Houghton Mifflin:
American Printing.House for the Blind

(800) 223-1839
Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic
(800) 221-4792
Library of Congress National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS)

Voice: (800) 424-8567
TDD: (202) 707-0744
Captioned Media Program National Association of the Deaf
(800) 237-6213 Voice
(800) 237-6819 TTY
The Benetech Initiative
For students enrolled at a California State College or California Community College, please check with the Alternate Text Production Center (ATPC) of the California Community Colleges

Voice: (800) 858-9984
TTY: (800) 858-9982

and the High Tech Center Training Unit (HTCTU) of the California Community Collegesí Alternate Media eXchange Database
(408) 996-4636

For students enrolled in Texas, please check to see if your school is a member of the Texas Text Exchange, administered by Adaptive Technology Services at Texas A&M University
(979) 845-0390

To request electronic files for the instructional material required for your course, please fill out this form in its entirety and submit it to Houghton Mifflin. You may also download the form and submit it via fax or postal service. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive the file, and note that incomplete forms may result in delays in processing your request. Except to the extent mandated by law, Houghton Mifflin reserves the right, in it sole discretion, to decline requests for electronic files of instructional materials. You may email questions or comments to
Download PDF | California formCalifornia formDownload PDF | All other states formAll other states form