|This feature provides you access to thousands of alphabetically arranged entries that cover the critical events, issues, and individuals that have shaped American history. This database of articles and essays includes all the entries from:
Abundant primary sources for reading and research. Photographs, paintings, political cartoons, and other visual sources are included along with a wealth of text documents. Each source is accompanied by helpful study questions.
Links to quality web sites covering 14 periods in United States history. New links are added twice a year.
- The Reader's Companion to American History
- The Civil War Battlefield Guide
- The Reader's Companion to U.S. Women's History
- The Reader's Companion to Military History
- Great American History Fact-Finder
- Encyclopedia of North American Indians
- Ships of the World