| Questions to Consider
Oct. 29, Dies Irae
James N. Rosenberg
In Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) artist James N. Rosenberg illustrates his perception of the events of October 29, 1929.
Questions to Consider
- Why did the artist title a political cartoon about October 29, 1929, "Day of Wrath"?
- What is happening to the skyscrapers? What does it represent?
- Who do you think is jumping from the skyscrapers? Why?
- What is the mood of the crowd in the street?
- What message is Rosenberg trying to convey about the events of October 29, 1929? Do you agree with his assessment? Why or why not?