The Enduring Vision,
Society, Politics, and World Events from Ford to Reagan, 1974-1989
- Describe the new patterns of immigration into the United States that set
in after 1965.
- Which social activist movement of the 1960s continued strongly in the 1970s
and 1980s? Why?
- What was the Roe v. Wade decision? Why did it prove to be politically divisive throughout the 1980s and early 1990s?
- How did prospects for Native Americans improve in the late 1960s and 1970s?
What significant problems continued to plague American Indians?
- In what ways did religious faith play a more decisive cultural and political role in the 1970s and 1980s?
- What were the troubles that overwhelmed the Carter administration and prevented
- Explain the Iran-contra affair.
- Discuss briefly the record of the Reagan and Bush administrations on environmental