Report strengthens link between pollution, global warming
(CNN news 10/25)
- Earth's average surface temperature could rise from 2.7
degrees F to almost
11 degrees F over the next hundred years, according to a
draft report from the
United Nations' intergovernmental panel on climate
Infrared satellite photos help track coral reef health
(CNN news 10/25)
- Amid reports of a sharp rise in the death of the
world's coral reefs,
NASA released satellite images Wednesday that could
provide a helping hand
in locating dead or dying reefs.
Europe's biggest glacier shrinks
(CNN news 10/23)
- Europe's largest glacier is on the verge of breaking up
as a result of increased temperatures.
Shark deaths leave experts puzzled
(CNN news 10/18)
- Florida and federal biologists are puzzled by the
deaths of more than 100
sharks which have been washing up in a cove in Panama
Oldest Gamma Ray Bursts
(Discovery.com news 10/18)
- A huge and mysterious explosion of gamma rays has been
detected at the greatest distance yet, putting its source
not only about 600 sextillion miles away,
but billions of years in the past … before the creation
of the Milky Way.
Fuel cells get boost from feds in U.S.
(CNN news 10/17)
- The U.S government is giving fuel cells a significant
boost with an
infusion of $100 million to develop technologies for
Climate Change Shifts Frost Seasons & Plant Growth
(Science Daily 10/17)
- An off-season "Jack Frost" is nipping life away from
some plants in many
regions of the country.
Meteorite May Be Primitive Solar System Material
(Science Daily 10/13)
- A fragile, charcoal-like meteorite that plummeted on to
a frozen Canadian lake
last January may represent the most primitive solar
system material yet studied.
Australia unveils plan to tackle salinity
(CNN news 10/10)
- The Australian government unveiled a seven-year, $700
(U.S. $372 million) plan on Tuesday to tackle salinity
quality problems, two of the country's most serious
Using Hubble Data, Scientists Show Io's Mantle Is Similar
(Science Daily 10/09)
- Researchers at Washington University in St. Louis
studying chemical data from
the Hubble Space Telescope have determined the eruption
conditions of Jupiter's
volcanically active satellite, Io, and concluded that the
moon has a
differentiated mantle similar to that of Earth.
Ozone hole stretches to record size and exposes Chilean
(CNN news 10/06)
- The hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica stretched
over a Chilean
city when it ballooned to a record size last month.
this is the first time it has reached a population
Nasa's Langley First Stop In Blast To Look At Impact
(Science Daily 10/06)
- NASA's Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA, sits on
the edge of a huge crater
where, thirty-five million years ago, a two-mile-wide
bolide (meteor or comet) hit the
tip of Virginia's Eastern Shore. When it struck, the
fireball reshaped the land,
disrupted the existing water table, and dislodged deeper
sediment to higher
levels across a 56- mile-wide area.
We apologize for the inconvenience of broken links on our pages.
Unfortunately some of our sources do not maintain a long term archive of their articles.