Houghton Mifflin - the publisher of Geology and Essentials of Geology - is pleased to present a public forum for all matters geological. This area is open to students, university instructors, professional geologists, and anyone else who seeks insight into the world’s daily geological rumblings.
The Earth Today is regularly updated to bring you the latest geologic events.
- Visit Geology in the News to find reports on the latest discoveries and news in
- The Virtual Classroom provides links to physical geology courses from
around the world.
- Take a virtual field trip or link to local geologic surveys and information from around the world.
- Want to learn more about basic concepts in geology? Curious about a recent geologic event? Interested in studying a subject in depth? Inside Geology will link you to hundreds of class lectures, web sites, references, news items, organizations, and glossaries on
every aspect of geology.
- Not sure about the meaning of a word? Look it up in the GeologyLink® Glossary.
The Earth Today & In The News are maintained by Laura Wilcox.
Virtual Classroom & Virtual Field Trips are maintained by Dr. Robert E. Nelson.
GeologyLink® was created by Rob Veins.