1. Always learn and follow the acceptable use policy
2. Don't tie up computers in public labs with game playing when
other people need to work and are waiting for a terminal.
3. Always end your messages with your name and email address.
4. Always include a subject heading with email.
5. Only forward a message if it is appropriate and if doing so
will not harm the reputation of the writer. If in doubt, get
permission to forward the message from the original sender.
6. In email, always use judicious quoting.
7. Take reasonable care with your punctuation and spelling, and
don't write in all capitals SINCE IT LOOKS AS IF YOU ARE SHOUTING.
Research and Citation Rules
8. If you quote email in another venuea paper, an article, an
online essaytry to get permission from the writer you are
9. Always give proper credit for anything you use or find on
10. Make sure you write down all the information needed for
others to go to the source you have cited.
Honesty and Decorum Rules
11. Never use shareware (software available to the public at low
prices and paid for on the honor system) without paying the fee
12. If you get flamed, do not flame in return. Stay cool and
respond with wit and good humor. It will make you look cool and
the flamer look bad.