| Educating Exceptional Children, Tenth Edition
| Questions for Thought
Chapter 7: Children with Emotional and Behavior Disorders
- What five characteristics, exhibited to a marked degree over a long period of time, identify social and behavior problems?
- What is the apparent relationship between substance abuse and behavior disorders?
- What family risk factors may contribute to producing a child with a behavior disorder? What are common patterns in families of children with conduct disorders?
- What is the relationship, if any, between anxiety and adolescent suicide?
- How should we modify the ecology of the school to adapt to minority children with social and behavior problems?
- Describe the use of drug therapy to treat academic problems.
- Describe steps that students can take to monitor their own behavior.
- List the sequence of activities by which socially acceptable behaviors might be developed.
- Give two reasons why computers can be effective teaching tools for children with behavior problems.
- Identify the four skills that can help exceptional children make the transition from school to the workplace or higher education.