Chapter 10: Monopoly
- The DeBeers Diamond Cartel
- The Regulation of California's
- Utilities Regulated by the New
York State Public Services Commission
- Elasticity of Demand: "Hints on
Obtaining Low Fares"
Web materials related to topics discussed in Chapter 10
Economic Regulatory Issues and Sites
- An extensive collection of links to sites that
contain arguments and information about the regulation of
monopolies, telecommunications regulation, and banking
and financial services regulation.
Competitive Services (provided by Ben Johnson
- A good discussion that explains what elements of
telecommunications services may operate in a competitive
market and what types of services may be best produced
under a monopoly structure.
Law in the EC (provided by Stanbrook and Partners)
- A discussion of the movement from public monopolies
to competitive telephone services in the European
dial L for liberalisation (by Alexandra Rehak)
- This document contains a discussion of negotiations
designed to increase international competition in the
provision of telecommunication services.
- Other economic resources
- This page contains a set of links to economic
resources that may be of interest to introductory