This chapter contains the following sections:
- PART A: The Illustration Essay
- PART B: The Narrative Essay
- PART C: The Descriptive Essay
- PART D: The Process Essay
- PART E: The Definition Essay
- PART F: The Comparison or Contrast Essay
- PART G: The Classification Essay
- PART H: The Cause and Effect Essay
- PART I: The Persuasive Essay
Because an essay is like an expanded paragraph, the methods for developing and
organizing a paragraph that you learned in Unit 3-illustration, process, and so
forth-can also be used to develop an entire essay. The rest of this chapter will
show you how.
To navigate through this chapter's online resources, click the Prepare for Class, Improve Your Grade, and ACE the Test buttons in the blue sidebar on the left.