Welcome to the web site for The Ultimate Job Hunter's Guidebook
, fourth edition.
Whether you're about to graduate, an experienced professional, or someone returning after a leave of absence from the job market, simply getting started on a job hunt can be a tremenedous hurdle. The Guidebook is designed to help you get your career on track.
If you're like most job hunters, you aren't interested in spending months soul-searching to determine your lifelong career direction. Most likely, you already have some inkling of where you're headed. You want to get into the job market as soon as possible and begin gaining firsthand experience and receiving a paycheck. With this text and web site, you'll quickly learn how to approach your job hunt and ensure your success.
To help you get started, we've prepared an overview of the text and companion web site:
A concise how-to book, The Ultimate Job Hunter's Guidebook
offers practical, results-oriented career strategies. In a conversational tone, it provides coverage of all the essential job-hunting steps such as writing resumes, targeting employers, crafting cover letters, interviewing and negotiating. It also gives many tactics for generating job leads and creating a network of contacts, critical for success in today's tight economy.
The Guidebook is extremely comprehensive. Among its many unique features are: (See pages listed for examples.)
Companion Web Site
- Hands-on exercises that will help you understand the material (p. 14)
- Many actual examples of resumes and cover letters that you can use as models when creating your own (p. 78, 117)
- Actual interview questions that you can use to practice responses (p.176)
- Strategies in Action at the beginning of each chapter that serve as case studies to illustrate the points being made in that chapter (p. 147)
- Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter that highlight the key points to be covered (p. 108)
- Detailed, up-to-date information on using the Internet in a job search (p. 152)
- Worksheets and charts that take principles taught in the text and convert them into practical, useful tools (p. 29, 92, 188)
- Over 50 job-hunting success stories that will inspire you (p. 230)
The Guidebook web site is an excellent resource for expanding your understanding of the job hunting techniques described in the textbook. It includes:
- ACE Practice tests
- Chapter summaries
- Learning objectives
- Self-assessment tests
- Web links to dozens of career & job hunting web sites
- Additional articles written by renowned career experts on virtually every subject covered in the text
We hope you find The Ultimate Job Hunter's Guidebook
and the companion web site to be inspiring and empowering as you embark on your job search. You
are in control of your employment destiny. Go for it!
Susan D. GreeneMelanie C.L. Martel